We would like to provide you with an update on our response to COVID-19 and our commitment to you moving forward.
For the immediate future, Western GMC Buick will remain open for business and operating with caution for the protection of our staff and our customers.
In response to the various provincial health authorities recommendations, Western GMC Buick has taken the following steps to limit the potential transmission of COVID-19;
Professional Weekly Disinfecting
An all natural non-toxic disinfectant is used in a fogging machine:
- Safe on all surfaces, skin, clothing and children’s toys
- Kills over 99.99% of Bacteria including Virucidal, Bactericidal, Fungicidal, and Tuberculocidal spores (eg : HIV-1, Influenza A including H1N1, Norovirus, Mold, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Psueudomonas Aeruginosa, E-coli, Rhinovirus, etc)
- Made from plant extracts containing Thyme oil and other germ killing essential oils
- Safe for use around children, pets, elderly, pregnant women, and chemically sensitive individuals
- No rinsing or wiping afterwards required
- Made in Canada
Maintaining Dealership Cleanliness
- Western GMC Buick is continuously being cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis.
- All staff have been asked to be diligent in cleaning their surroundings, to increase hand-washing and personal hygiene techniques.
Friendly Greeting & Social Spacing
- Social distancing is in effect and we are reminding all staff to maintain 6 ft of space between individuals when they communicate with each other.
- We’re still the friendly service providers as you have grown accustomed to; however, we will be adopting the Health & Safety Advisory "no hand-shake" policy until further advised from Alberta Health & Safety.
Travel Concerns & Further Development
- Employees who have travelled outside of Canada are not to return to work and self-isolate per the direction of Health Canada and Alberta Health for 14-Days
- Customers with upcoming appointments scheduled with us who may be experiencing flu-like symptoms, have recently travelled outside of Canada, or have been in contact with someone who may have the virus, we ask you to reschedule your service appointment to a later date.
The health, safety and well-being of our employees and our customers is Western's top priority and we are following the lead and advice of provincial health authorities at this important time.
These measures are being taken out of an abundance of caution to keep our communities safe.
As further developments take place, we will continue to review and monitor our practices to ensure the safety of our clients, our staff and our communities.
Preventative tips during your visit:
- Carry personal hand sanitizers or disinfectant wipes. Hand Sanitizer is also available throughout our dealership
- Wash your hands in our sanitized restrooms with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands Please stay home & reschedule if you are sick
- When coughing or sneezing:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs
- Immediately dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards
- Video walk-around of the vehicles are available on our website.
- Sales conversations with customers are available upon request, remotely via telephone and through email or video conferencing if preferred.
- Test drives will be available to you at your home, work or requested place of convenience. Simply call or book your test-drive online & we will contact you right away!
GM Financial has a team in place to assist and a dedicated line for inquiries about deferring payments on your lease or non-prime loans with GMF.
Please use the following phone line and email:
Phone: 1-888-557-5327 (this is a DEDICATED line EST) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest updates on GM Canada's response to coronavirus/COVID-19, please visit www.gm.ca/en/coronavirus or our brand sites:
- Chevrolet: chevrolet.ca/en/chevrolet-cares
- Buick: buick.ca/en/here-to-help
- GMC: gmccanada.ca/en/here-to-help
- Cadillac: cadillaccanada.ca/en/weve-got-your-back
OnStar and Connected Vehicle Services
- Complimentary Data Offer - For those OnStar customers who currently do not have complimentary data with their OnStar subscriptions, OnStar will be offering 3GB/3 months (whichever comes first) of in-vehicle data.
- OnStar Crisis Assist services are being made available to customers for a limited time.
- Access to specially trained OnStar Advisors who are ready to help 24/7 during emergencies and other unexpected situations.
- Special routing assistance, including hospitals or clinics
- Connecting to family members, Emergency Medical Dispatch and First Responders
- Be assured that our OnStar Advisors are ready to help with the best and latest information, thanks to GM's partnerships, training and open communications with the Canadian Public Health Services and other public safety professional associations.
Certified Service & Concierge Services Available
Western GMC Buick provides convenient services. Let us help you service your vehicle. Our team of service advisors and technicians are taking extra precautions to ensure a safe transaction while servicing your vehicle.
- Book your service appointment online by visiting this link. https://www.westerngmcbuick.com/service/schedule-appointment/
- Complimentary shuttle rides to your home or work.
- Complimentary vehicle pick up and delivery
- On-Site vehicle rentals
- Sanitization of your vehicle
- After-hours drop-off
- Contactless payment, eMail receipts and work orders
- Limiting appointments to reduce contact for social distancing
- All regular servicing items are available including vehicle detailing
- If requested, while performing a Multi-Point Vehicle Health Check on your vehicle, we can send photos or videos of the recommended work to make an informed decision.
- Utilize your Scotiabank GM Visa card for 90 Day deferred payment with no interest or fees on all Service, Parts, Accessory, and Tire purchases over $250!
- For more information regarding our available Concierge & Certified Services, please contact us at 780-486-3333